Sunday, January 13

Slow hoodie progress

It's been ages since I've written about knitting on here - but that doesn't mean I'm not doing any! If truth be told it's very slow progress, however, as I just don't get so much time to do it any more.

I no longer get the train to work, I rarely sit and watch TV in the evenings, and my spare time seems increasingly taken up with going out walking, and getting involved with campaigning on local issues.  It's getting to the point where I almost welcome the arrival of a rainy or cold and gloomy weekend as it means I have an excuse to stay in and do crafty things.

My new Central Park Hoodie has reached the point where it is ready to be sewn together so that the stitches can be picked up for the hood - and it will be too big to take anywhere, so the rest of the work will have to be carried out at home. The fact that the new season of Borgen is well under way is helping, although it's not the best choice since I have to keep an eye on the subtitles so that I know what's going on.

This is the third CPH I've made (the second one for me), and I still maintain it's a bloody excellent pattern and very easy to follow - also the aran yarn knits up very quickly which means gratification is rapid, if not instant. My first CPH (renamed the Deptford Park Hoodie, natch) is still going, but the cuffs have been darned a few times and are looking a little worse for wear, so a replacement will be very timely.

Getting a bit threadbare

I'm also using exactly the same yarn as the last one - gorgeous aran wool from Coldharbour Mill in Devon, but in dark green rather than claret.

The fact that this is my third time knitting this pattern makes it all the more embarrassing that I messed up on the neck shaping - messed it up on BOTH of the front panels, and did not notice even through washing and blocking the pieces. It was not until I went to sew the shoulders together that I was rather confused to find the neck decreases seemed to be on the armhole sides of the pieces! Clearly a bit out of practice!

2 comments:

Laura Parkinson said...

Nice to know you're still knitting. It's very comforting to knit the same pattern over and over. I'm sure you can fix the shaping issue.

Knit Nurse said...

Thanks Laura. Yes I'm sure I can fix it too, I just need to step away from it for a few days!