Saturday, November 6

Azure socks

These socks were my portable project for the last few months while the Sweet Pea Coat was my home knitting project; they suddenly reached completion after a couple of long train journeys and the clocks going back. Knitted in Yarn Yard toddy.

They are the Azure socks from Knitty, designed by Deb Barnhill - a lovely pattern that became quite hypnotic after a while. I very much liked the design of the heel with the cables extending right down it, very clever and pleasing to knit, also the fact that you launch into the cables almost immediately after casting on at the toe.


Straight after finishing these I cast on for a pair of plain and simple socks using some self-striping Regia yarn - they are flying ahead and after just a few nights of TV knitting the first one is nearly done! Knit, knit, knit, knit....*sigh!*

6 comments:

jane said...

They look so warm and cosy! Just in time for winter. I have never knit toe up socks from start to finish, this looks like a nice pattern.
Happy TV knitting!

Cosmo said...

why Knit-nurse, what long feet you have...

knit nurse said...

All the better to prod you with, Cosmo...

Rowan said...

I never knit socks myself, but my mother-in-law has become a demon sock knitter in recent months. I bought her this recently - mostly because the socks on the front look the absolute business!

PixieMum said...

Have given up on my first attempt to knit socks. Had done well with Regia free pattern and Regia wool but when reached part just before heel I happened to check stitich numbers and found I was about 6 too many.

Also, one could see where I had switched from one needle to another in spite of knitting tightly at the change over. I have since been assured that this 'fault' will be rectified on washing over time.

Instead am creacking ahead with a Rowan alpaca/cotton yarn making a poloneck jumper for myself.

Have told myself not to give up, after all I do have cold feet!

Deb Barnhill said...

Very nice work, glad you had a good experience with my pattern. Cheers!