Tuesday, April 17

Subtle socks



Here's one of each - the Patricia mostly-acrylic that I picked up in Germany (left) and a lovely soft cashmerino (or something) blend hand-dyed by the Natural Dye Studio (I think; it was either them or the Knitting Goddess, the two Ebay shops I've bought hand-dyed yarn from previously). Both are quite subtle in their shades of colour, although I don't think I could get away with wearing them together, so I'm committed to knitting a second version of each!

I was rather pleased with the ribbing cast off, which isn't shown here. In the last couple of pairs I've made, I found it difficult to cast off the ribbing loosely enough, making them difficult to get on and off. This time I took the advice of Melanie (or was it Ellen?) and increased in the row before the cast off. I was doing 2 by 2 ribbing, so I just picked up a stitch in the middle of each rib, then cast them all off on the next round. It makes it ever so slightly frilly, very easy to get on and off but not noticeably loose or misshapen.

1 comment:

rahime said...

So pretty! I especially like the Patrica one.