Thursday, April 9
Back for now
I am back to report on a wonderful holiday which lived up to and beyond my expectations.
Some of the highlights were:
- remembering what I love about the Curse and why we got together in the first place
- spending lots of happy hours together, exploring the footpaths, ales and cuisine of the island
- seeing red squirrels marauding round the treetops in the spring sunshine (thanks Jane for the inspiration, and that National Trust for its stewardship of the lovely Borthwood Copse)
- looking out to sea from bed in the morning while supping a cup of tea
- eating omelette for breakfast flavoured with the wild garlic we picked the day before
- paddling in the sea (very briefly, it was ruddy cold!)
- views of the coastline all around the island
- razor clams cooked in garlic butter
- skate wings
- New Forest ice cream
- feeling the sun on my face
...and knitting, of course!
The main project was put into hibernation for the week while I knocked up a pair of socks (Spring Forward) and a stripy ipod cosy for a friend. More info tomorrow.
- going to the wrong ferry port on the way out (duh! I am definitely getting old!)
- having to come home again after only a week!
Posted by DDKK at 20:55