Saturday, February 9

An hour at the coast



I managed to grab an hour at the coast today, and what a glorious day to do it! I was almost at Folkestone, having driven down there for a spinning lesson (more about that tomorrow!) and it would have been rude not to drop in and enjoy the sunshine.

I was a bit peckish too - and thank goodness I was, as I certainly wouldn't have been able to resist these beauties, even if I'd just had a three course meal!



Who says British food is crap? I'm a great defender of our local specialities; in this case, four large juicy scallops, seared on a hot plate and doused in garlic butter, then served on a plate of bean shoots that had been quickly cooked with a bit of sweet chilli sauce. Yowser!!!

Oh, I forgot to mention the spicey king prawn skewers, also cooked on the hotplate. No pic, cos they were gone in a matter of minutes.....

1 comment:

YowlYY said...

Before I became a vegetarian, seafood/fish was what I ate most, as I was born and brought up at the seaside. If I look back I have to admit that I still miss it! Your plate certainly looks yummy...