Sunday, August 19

Mad hatter


Got to go to a party which has a 'hat' theme and haven't got a single hat in your wardrobe? Only found out this morning thanks to forgetful other half?

Get yourself down to Peacock's (cheap clothes shop whose doors I had never darkened before today); pick up a half price cowboy-style hat (£2.50) and knock up a few little crochet flowers using stash leftovers. A bit of ribbon laced through to loop under your chin, and that's the ticket! I was a bit disappointed that I didn't win the prize for best hat, but I'll concede I was fairly beaten by a 45 year old man wearing a homemade Bo-peep bonnet...

2 comments:

laura said...

perhaps next year?

Clare said...

Your hat looks great! Bizarrely, one of my favourite tops came from Peacocks (so favourite I am currently copying it so I can have more than one!) I just starting visiting your blog, and it is great! Nice to read blogs from UK knitters.