Monday, January 29

Loving London



My journey to work involves crossing the River Thames, living in the south east as I do, and working just north of the river. When the weather is bad, or I've got a lot to carry, I get the train from Waterloo to Vauxhall and walk or get a bus across the bridge. But when the weather is good I try to walk from Waterloo to work as often as I can, for a bit of extra exercise and some mental space. It's about 25 minutes' walk, most of it along the river, and can be a real delight.

A couple of months ago I started taking the same route home whenever possible - leaving on time from work it was a rush to get to Waterloo in time for the early train, and usually I ended up waiting 20 minutes or so for the next one. So better to take the long route, and make the most of the views. I've been meaning to take a photo of this spectacular sight for the last two months - tonight I actually had my camera with me. This kind of view of the Houses of Parliament is one of the things I really love about living in London. Even after 20 years here I never get tired of the river.

1 comment:

Lolly said...

It's beautiful! I can see why you love it!